Chiron 1.1a is a bugfix version. Unfortunately there were still some bugs that needed to be fixed. Therefore, there are neither strength improvements nor new features.
Once again, thanks to all the users that reported bugs and helped with testing.
In particular these bugs have been fixed:
- tablebases mating problem
- parallel search was not working properly on multi-cpu systems
- pawn blockage detection function could make Chiron crash or score incorrectly some positions
- detection of number of cpu/cores was still wrong with some Intel cpu
- wrong pv output on fail highs
I take this opportunity to wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!