Chiron 1.1 is a bugfix version. There are neither strength improvements nor new features.
Thanks to all the users that reported bugs and helped with testing.
In particular these bugs have been fixed:
– crashes when probing Nalimov tablebases and Shawul bitbases during parallel search
– incorrect parsing of UCI options regarding tablebases
– incorrect behaviour with UCI fixed depth search and infinite analysis
– disabling of the book after the first game with Chessbase GUIs
– wrong mate announcement with Winboard protocol when Chiron mates with black
– resigning after 6 moves with Winboard protocol when playing with Arena
– wrong castling with some Chess960 positions that lead to blunders and/or crashes
– wrong detection of the number of cpu and cores with Intel processors